The HP Color LaserJet 2500 Printer is equipped with a drum LED indicator. The indicator will be lit, when an imaging drum related abnormality has been detected by the built-in monitoring system. You can check the status of the imaging drum installed in your color laser printer by printing a supplies status page. The installed imaging drum must be replaced, when any of the listed signals and print quality issues appears. Please make sure that all toner cartridges are correctly installed and are in a good technical condition before replacing the imaging drum.
· The drum LED (located below the [Rotate Carousel] button) is on – The installed imaging drum is near the end of its useful life. You should install a new imaging drum as soon as possible, in order to be avoided various print quality issues.
· The drum LED is blinking – All print/copy operations are disabled, because the built-in monitoring system cannot detect an installed imaging drum. The most common cause of this issue is an exhausted imaging drum. Therefore, you should install a new imaging drum.
· Light prints/areas – You must make sure that the cause of the issue is not a toner cartridge related abnormality, and then install a new imaging drum.
· Dropouts – The most common cause of this issue is a defective or damaged imaging drum. For that reason, you must replace the imaging drum, if the issue persists.
· Gray background – You should replace the imaging drum, but please make sure that the issue has not been caused by a toner cartridge related abnormality before proceeding with the replacement procedure.
· Toner smear – The installed imaging drum is near the end of its useful life. A new imaging drum must be installed.
· Repetitive defects – The sensitive surface of the imaging drum has been damaged. You must install a new imaging drum.
It is always better if you keep a new imaging drum for your HP Color LaserJet 2500 Printer in stock, but please store this important consumable component in a dry environment, away from heat, light, and magnetic sources. Please follow the instructions given below to install a new imaging drum in your color laser printer.