When do I Replace a Fuser Maintenance Kit in the HP LaserJet 5si Printer?
The fuser maintenance kit includes several important consumable components: the Fuser Assembly unit, the Feed/Separation Rollers, and the Transfer Roller. The lifespan of these consumable components is approx. 350000 prints. You should install a new fuser maintenance kit, when any of the listed below messages or/and print quality issues appears.
• ‘’PERFORM PRINTER MAINTENANCE’’ or ‘’REPLACE FUSER’’ – The installed fuser maintenance kit has been exhausted. You must install a new fuser maintenance kit, in order to be avoided print quality or/and paper transfer issues.
• ‘’50.x FUSER ERROR <> CYCLE POWER’’ – The built-in system has detected a critical hardware error with the installed fuser assembly unit. You should try to resolve the issue by restarting the HP LaserJet 5si Printer. A new fuser maintenance kit must be installed, if the problem persists. You can find more information about the detected hardware error below.
o ‘’50.1 FUSER ERROR’’ – Low-temperature failure
o ‘’50.2 FUSER ERROR’’ – Warm-up failure
o ‘’50.3 FUSER ERROR’’ – High-temperature failure
o ‘’50.4 FUSER ERROR’’ – Voltage failure
• Vertical black lines or/and toner smear – The most common cause for these print quality issues is a damaged fuser assembly unit. You should install a new fuser maintenance kit, if the problem persists.
How to Install a Fuser Maintenance Kit in the HP LaserJet 5si Printer
Important: You should turn your HP LaserJet 5si Printer off, and wait at least 30 minutes before proceeding with the installation of the new fuser maintenance kit.
The replacement procedure for each component of the new fuser maintenance kit is included separately below.
Replacement of the Fuser Assembly Unit
In the first step of the replacement procedure, you must open the left door of your HP LaserJet 5si Printer, and then remove the duplex unit (if available/installed). After that, you must unlock the used fuser assembly unit by rotating its blue levers down. Now, you must take the used fuser assembly unit out of the main unit by carefully sliding it towards you. In the next step of the replacement procedure, you must take the new fuser assembly unit out of the transport box, and then insert the new component into the printer. Once you have inserted the new fuser assembly unit firmly into the printer, you must lock it into place by turning the blue levers upwards, and then remove the orange shipping tabs from the new component. At this stage of the replacement procedure, you must push the two gray pressure levers down, and then reinstall the duplex unit (if available). Finally, you must close the left door of your HP LaserJet 5si Printer.
Replacement of the Transfer Roller
Initially, you must open the top cover of your HP LaserJet 5si Printer, and then take the toner cartridge out of the compartment by carefully pulling it towards you. Please note that you should avoid prolonged exposures of the toner cartridge to direct sunlight or strong artificial light. Once you have removed the toner cartridge, you must take the blue-green tool, which is located in the right section of the compartment, and use it to detach the exhausted transfer roller from the slot. After that, you must take the used transfer roller out of your HP LaserJet 5si Printer, and then unpack the new component. Now, you must insert the new transfer roller firmly into the laser printer. Finally, you must remove the paper protector from the installed new transfer roller.
Replacement of the Feed/Separation Rollers
You must start the replacement procedure by removing the paper trays. Then, you must remove the used feed/separation rollers from the paper trays by sliding each roller out while pressing its tab. Please note that there are two feed/separation rollers installed in each paper tray. After that, you must unpack the new feed/separation rollers. Now, you must slide each of the unpacked new rollers onto the corresponding shaft while rotating the roller until it locks into place. Finally, you must insert the paper trays back into the laser printer.
Reset of the Maintenance Counter
1. Turn your HP LaserJet 5si Printer on.
2. Press the [Menu] button five times.
3. Press the [Item] button until the following message ‘’SERVICE MESSAGE = ON’’ is displayed.
4. Press the [+] button.
5. Press the [Select] button.