You can check the status of all consumable components installed in your HP LaserJet P4014N Printer by printing a ‘’Supplies Status’’ page. Please note that the first section of the status page contains the information about the installed toner cartridge. You should replace the installed toner cartridge, if the remaining toner is less than 10%, in order to be avoided various print quality issues, such as light prints, toner specks, lines, gray background, toner smear, loose toner, repetitive defects, vertical white lines, and/or white spots. Please note that the ‘’HP EconoMode’’ is a toner saving future supported by your laser printer, which can reduce the toner usage up to 50%. However, a toner-cartridge hardware error may occur, if this toner saving mode is used full-time.
The built-in monitoring system of your HP LaserJet P4014N Printer is programmed to display warning or error messages on the control LCD, when a toner cartridge related abnormality is detected. Please follow the instructions given below, if you notice any of the listed messages on the control display of your laser printer.
• ‘’10.94.YY REMOVE SHIPPING LOCKS FROM CARTRIDGE
’’ – You must make sure that all shipping locks have been removed from the new toner cartridge during the replacement procedure. The installed toner cartridge must be replaced, if the problem persists.
• ‘’10.XX.YY00 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR’’ – The built-in monitoring system has detected a toner-cartridge hardware error. You should try to resolve the issue by restarting the laser printer. Please replace the problematic toner cartridge, if the problem persists.
• ‘’INSTALL BLACK CARTRIDGE’’ – The built-in monitoring system is not receiving status information from the sensor of the toner cartridge. You must make sure that the toner cartridge is correctly installed. A new toner cartridge must be installed, if the issue persists.
• ‘’Non-HP SUPPLY INSTALLED’’ – This warning message indicates that the installed toner cartridge is a non-HP/non-OEM product. Please be aware that you will not be able to use the ‘’HP EconoMode’’ when the installed toner cartridge is a non-OEM product. You must press [OK] to continue printing with the non-HP product. No further actions are required.
• ‘’REPLACE BLACK CARTRIDGE’’ – The installed toner cartridge is empty. Please be aware that all printing operations will be disabled until a new toner cartridge is installed.
The complete replacement procedure is included below. Please remove the packaging material completely before installing the new toner cartridge into the laser printer.