When do I Replace a Fuser Maintenance Kit in the HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer?
The fuser assembly uses heat (190degreesC/373degreesF operational temperature) to fix/bond the transferred toner onto the paper. The fuser assembly is a consumable component that must be replaced after a certain, maximal number of new prints. You can obtain information about the fuser assembly installed in your HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer by printing a supplies status page from the [Information] menu of the control panel. The approximate life of the fuser assembly is 150000 pages.
You should install a new fuser maintenance kit, when any of the listed messages is continuously displayed on the control panel.
• ‘’Install fuser’’ – Your HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer cannot detect the fuser assembly. You must make sure that the indicated consumable component is correctly installed into the laser printer. The fuser assembly must be replaced, if the issue persists.
• ‘’CLOSE FRONT COVERS’’ – You must make sure that all printer covers are closed. Then, you must reinstall the fuser assembly. A new fuser maintenance kit must be installed, if the error message is still displayed.
• ‘’ORDER FUSER KIT <> XXXX PAGES LEFT’’ – The installed fuser assembly is near the end of its useful life. All print/copy operations will be disabled after XXXX new prints. Therefore, you should install a new fuser maintenance kit soon after the initial appearance of the warning message.
• ‘’REPLACE FUSER KIT’’ – All print/copy operations are disabled due to a completely exhausted fuser assembly. To continue printing, you must install a new fuser maintenance kit.
• ‘’50.X FUSER ERROR’’ – The HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer has detected a critical hardware error with a component of the installed fuser assembly. You should try to resolve the issue by restarting the laser printer. A new fuser maintenance kit must be installed, if the error message is displayed after the restart. The complete replacement procedure is available below.
How to Install a Fuser Maintenance Kit in the HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer
In the initial step of the replacement procedure, you must pull the side handles upwards to open the top cover. Please wait at least 10 minutes before proceeding with the next step, in order the installed fuser assembly to cool. Next, you must loosen the blue thumb screws of the used fuser assembly, and then remove the used fuser assembly from your HP Color LaserJet 5500dtn Printer by pulling it straight upwards. After that, you must take the new fuser assembly out of the plastic transport bag, and then lower the unpacked new component into the laser printer. Now, you must push the new fuser assembly towards the slot to seat it firmly into place, and then tighten the two blue thumb screws. In the final step of the replacement procedure, you must close the top cover, wait until ‘’NEW FUSER KIT’’ is displayed on the control panel, and then select [YES].